We are looking for an Executive Assistant to work with our Lead Minister, in the creation of a community-based organization, called First Community. First Community seeks to promote a sense of belonging among various individuals and non-profit groups, in order to promote wellness (spiritual, emotions, physical) among people, and across generations, while actively working to care for the natural world.
The work of First Community is innovative and exciting. We are building intentional community in new and sustainable ways and are always looking for individuals and groups to partner with as we seek to meet our commonly held goals.
First Community is affiliated with the United Church of Canada, yet The Nexus and GreenSpace community initiatives are not faith based. There is no expectation that you be a member of, or affiliated with, the United Church of Canada. You will, however, need to be comfortable working with and among people who are.
Your responsibilities are:
You will be responsible for the coordination and management of day to day operations of First Community (consisting of First United, The Nexus and GreenSpace). Along with office administration duties, you will be responsible for our volunteer networks, room/event bookings, social media creation and maintenance, website content, communications data base, as well as marketing as it pertains to the promotion of events and programs.
Skills you will need:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability in both verbal and written communication
- Good public relations skills
- Ability to be a self starter with good administration skills; ability to think creatively and maintain composure during times of transition and uncertainty; ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficiency with standard computer programs; high degree of proficiency with website and social media platforms.
- Ability to motivate and work with volunteers.
- Skills in nurturing long term relationships
- Basic knowledge and understanding of faith/spiritual communities and practices; ability to understand, communicate and embody the ethos of First Community.
- This is a full-time position based on 37.5 hours per week
- Hours worked are from Tuesday through to Saturday
- Remuneration is: $22/hour during first 3 months of the 6 month probation period, after which the rate increases to $25 per hour.
Direct all Inquiries to:
Carol McAndrew at firstname.lastname@example.org